Building Permission in Cyprus

General Details 
In order to construct, demolish, extend, modify, repair, or change the use of property in the Republic of Cyprus, you need to get the following permissions:

1) Town planning permit
2) Building permit
Depending on whether the immovable property is located in a municipality, district, or community, consult the appropriate municipal council, district officer, or community council.

The application process
The owner of the immovable property or an authorized agent must personally submit the application for a building permit to the appropriate local authority.

The list of supporting documents that are most likely needed with your application is provided below.

1) Two sets of recent and original architectural designs for the immovable property, both signed by the architect or civil engineer; two sets of recent and original topographical plans, also signed by the architect or civil engineer;
original town planning permission; a statement from the architect or civil engineer; recent and original title deeds or bank certificate pertaining to mortgaged property;

2) Certificate by the Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber regarding the architectural works, civil engineering works, and authorization of responsibility;

  • application fee (see Regulation 62 of the Streets and Buildings Regulations), which must be paid in cash or by check.
    Should the application be a legal entity, it may be necessary to request the following supporting documentation:

Original and most recent copies of the company's incorporation certificate, its registered office address certificate, its directors' and secretary's certificate, its shareholders' certificate, its certified copy of the association's memorandum and articles of association, and its original and most recent proxy statement for the company's representative.
A specialized study, such as a static study, an electrical analysis of the structure, a mechanical study, a sewage system study, or one on the building's energy performance, may occasionally be needed for the application.

In order to examine the moveable property and its surroundings, on-site inspections could also be required. The Environmental Services, the Cyprus Fire Service, the Department of Labor Inspection, or the Public Health Services are a few examples of other departments or services that could need to participate in the inspections.

We use cookies to provide necessary functionality and give you the best experience on our website. Continue if you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Read our Cookies Policy.